Error reporting at Polacksbacken Campus
Things break or stops working properly. Everyone needs to assume responsibility and report any errors that are discovered. The report should be sent directly to the proper unit. The following guide can help you find which unit is responsible for the problem. If you still do not know which unit is responsible, Campus Management can always help you take the first step.
- Error reporting to Akademiska Hus (buildings, permanent installations, lifts, ventilation, drains, etc.)
- Error reporting to Campus Management (card readers, furnishings, information, common equipment, etc.)
- IT-related problems (computers and software, printers, server services, etc.)
- Other problems (cleaning, coffee machines, parking ticket machines, etc.)
ERROR REPORTING TO AKADEMISKA HUS
• Buildings and permanent installations are reported via Akademiska Hus’s online form
• Emergency errors can be reported through an on-call number: 010-557 24 00
Permanent installations refers to fixed technical features such as sewage, electricity, lifts, cooling, heating and ventilation, water, and interior furnishings in bathrooms, WCs and changing rooms. This includes permanent kitchen equipment in kitchenettes, lunch rooms, coffee rooms and dining rooms, but not coffee machines. Doors and frames, automatic door openers in exterior doors and public spaces, and electric locks in exterior doors are handled by AH, but not card readers or electric locks in interior doors. Blackout curtains, emergency lighting, outdoor and stairwell lighting, fire alarms and some fire extinguishers. In winter AH provides sanding and snow removal.
- Property Manager, Information Technology Centre:
Josef Mård (email@example.com / 072-220 94 63)
- Operations coordinator, Information Technology Centre:
Lennart Ahl (firstname.lastname@example.org / 070-626 85 15)
- the building number
- location (i.e. department, WC, office)
- room number (available on door post)
- description of the problem
- name and telephone or e-mail of the person reporting the problem for feedback
ERROR REPORTING TO CAMPUS MANAGEMENT
• Report an error to Campus Management by e-mail to email@example.com
• Emergency problems can be reported to Johnny Karlberg (018-471 5892 or 0704-25 06 62), Goods Reception (018-471 5899), or Keys- and Card Services (018 - 471 5891).
Campus Management handles all materials that are not attached, such as furniture and other interior furnishings, loose outdoor furniture, signs, digital information screens and other informational material. It replaces fluorescent lamps and other indoor light sources. Campus Management also takes care of lock cylinders and keys and technical systems such as AV projectors, access card systems with card readers, alarms and electric locks in automatic door openers in internal doors. Malfunctioning card readers for Rate 2 parking and some fire extinguishers also are reported to Campus Management.
IT-RELATED PROBLEMS (INCLUDING PRINTERS)
Employees can administer passwords and other information by logging on to their user account. For guests, Campus Management’s contact, Mikael Österberg, provides computer support and guest accounts. Problems with centrally administered IT systems are handled by University IT Services. Call 018-471 4400 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT EDUROAM
For students and staff at Uppsala University and for researchers and visitors from other universities and higher education institutions.
INFORMATION ABOUT UU-GUEST
Uppsala University has a wireless network (UU-Guest) for visitors. Visitors can create an account that is valid for 24 hours. The network only provides access to the internet.
The visitor needs to have a mobile phone to which a username and password is sent by text message. Visitors connect their devices to the network and are automatically shown a self-service page where a 24-hour account can be created. After 24 hours the visitor can acquire a new account in the same way.
INFORMATION ABOUT EDUPRINT
Students who want to copy, print or scan documents on any of the printers at Polacksbacken need an access card, which is then linked to eduPrint. Instructions for students can be found here. Information for employees about printing and copying via eduPrint is available in the Employee Portal.
If you have problems or questions about eduPrint, you can contact your local IT support desk for practical help. IT Service Desk can also answer questions and provide help with instructions for installing the eduPrint software. Call 018-471 4400 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
What if a printer runs out of paper?
Paper is loaded by a service partner according to a schedule based on expected consumption. If paper runs out, you can load it yourself. There is extra paper at most printers. If there is no paper, turn to Campus Management, which can handle emergency refills if the paper runs out between scheduled refills.
Since October 2019, University IT Services are installed to managed all IT support at Uppsala University. For now, it is still possible to contact your local IT-support through your department technicians and service units:
- Swedish Institute of Space Physics: Jan Karlsson
- Department of Physics and Astronomy: The department’s computer group
- Department of Information Technology: Systems Support
- Department of Chemistry – Ångström: Support@Angstrom.uu.se
- Department of Engineering Sciences: Support@Angstrom.uu.se
- Department of Mathematics: Systems Support
All departments are responsible for their own coffee machines or other solutions. Jobmeal Sverige is responsible for operation and maintenance of the coffee vending machines in the departments’ common lunchrooms on floors 3 and 4 of Ångström Laboratory (Building 1), which includes full service with daily supervision and refilling of coffee, tea and paper cups. Errors or problems are reported directly to JOBmeal by phone: 010-160 99 99.
The Building Division coordinates Uppsala University cleaning; information on cleaning can be found in the Employee Portal.
Report inadequate cleaning or the need for extra cleaning to the senior custodial technician for the Polacksbacken cleaning area, Eva Blomqvist. If you need a vacuum cleaner, contact the Janitor’s Office or Goods Reception.
The parking areas on Campus Polacksbacken are administered by Aimo Park. In case of faulty charging or broken parking ticket machines, contact Aimo Park at 0771-96 90 01 or through their website. In case of malfunctioning of the card reader for Rate 2, contact Campus Management.
Roads, local public transport & public spaces
If you discover a problem or wish to submit comments on traffic and outdoor surroundings outside Campus Polacksbacken, such as streets, cycle paths, snow removal and lighting, you can contact Uppsala Kommun.