Recommendation regarding the Coronavirus
Uppsala University is monitoring the situation and following the information and recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. These authorities are continuously updating their information and recommendations.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) advises against all travel to Iran and the Hubei Province in China. The MFA also advises against non-essential travel to other parts of China, with the exception of Hong Kong and Macao. This advice applies until further notice. For more information, see the MFA website and the UD Resklar app.
What is Uppsala University doing?
The University is continuously contacting students and members of staff who have recently visited affected areas. If you have not been contacted and have recently been in one of the affected areas, please get in touch with your immediate superior if you are an employee or with the programme director at your department if you are a student.
Are you planning to travel or expecting a visit?
If you are planning to travel, Uppsala University recommends that you pay close attention to recommendations from the MFA, the Public Health Agency of Sweden, the universities that you plan to visit, and airline information. Is the visit necessary? Is another type of meeting possible or can the visit be postponed? Several universities have stated that students planning to travel should not do so at the present time. Make sure to book your trip via the University’s contracted travel agency Lingmerths.
Have you just returned from a trip?
Employees and students who have recently been in affected areas should contact their immediate superior or programme director at their department/equivalent upon return home. The current recommendation is to work or study at home for two weeks after returning home. If you develop influenza-like symptoms and respiratory problems, contact the health advice line (1177) and follow their instructions.
If your work or studies are affected by the above, contact your immediate superior or the programme director at your department so that you can continue with your work or studies as best possible.
Current information on the coronavirus
Affected students and staff are urged to keep up to date with developments via the websites below:
- FAQ about the coronavirus on the Public Health Agency of Sweden's website
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- UD:s rekommendationer (Swedish only)
- Updated information about the coronavirus on the WHO website
- Updates from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Five points for improving preparedness and preventing the spread of the coronavirus (but which are important day to day, year-round)
- Remember hand hygiene: wash your hands with soap and water and do not touch your nose/mouth/eyes with your hands.
- Stay up to date via the Public Health Agency of Sweden and Ministry for Foreign Affairs websites and apps.
- Book business travel via Lingmerths and our contracted travel services.
- Instal Zoom on your computer so you can participate remotely and work at home.
- Ask yourself whether you really need to travel – can you participate in some other way?